From the Struggling Home Cook to the Savvy Home Chef: Cooking Nourishing meals will vastly improve your health, energy, and vitality so that you can live the life you were meant to live!
When you Improve Your Health You Improve Every Aspect of your life!
Cooking from Home is the FASTEST and MOST EFFECTIVE way to improve your Energy, Focus, and Productivity so you can achieve your biggest goals.
Chances are you're feeling...
You've allowed the busy-ness to overtake your life and said "Yes" to ALL the commitments: the board meeting, joining another church committee, driving your children to all their activities and more!
Exhausted, overwhelmed and frustrated with your health: you're stressed most days, or regularly experience that mid-afternoon slump, digestive discomfort or just not sleeping well!
That healthy means boiling tasteless over-cooked vegetables, unsalted rice cakes and those dry salads trying to remember to dip your fork into the dressing on the side.
You've spent lots of $$$ on expensive meals-kit services or meal plans that are lackluster, difficult, confusing or are even delivered spoiled!
Imagine how it will feel when...
You wake up feeling energized and inspired to take on your day to conquer that meeting at work with zest, play with your children in the afternoon excitedly, and prioritize your goals without having to spend hours in the kitchen!
You truly understand what foods best bless and nourish your body that are ACTUALLY enticing so that healthy eating no longer feels like a chore; instead it feels empowering, satisfying and satiating!
You can streamline those tools, gadgets and appliances in your kitchen building your confidence so you can cook quickly and easily and be able to move on with your day!
Your food feels indulgent and delicious while also overcoming those pesky symptoms such any reducing or eliminating digestive discomfort, saying goodbye to that mid-afternoon slump, getting better sleep each night so that you feel refreshed in the morning and possibly even losing that stubborn weight!
Hi! I'm Allene!
I know what it’s like to feel like to be overcommitted and have no desire to cook and make meals that I knew would nourish my body. I’m a trained chef and a Functional Nutritional Therapy Practitioner and I love to EAT! I only love to eat food that is ACTUALLY delicious!
I became a pro at the Charcuterie board! Delicious and indulgent, however that’s not the recipe to a healthy body. Although still a favorite from time to time.
After realizing that my health was at stake, I decided to change my habits and I am here to help you change yours too! That’s why I also became a Functional Nutritional Therapy Practitioner!
I listened to friends, family, my Sur la Table students, co-workers, gym friends and one-on-one client to create a program designed just for you!
Teaching at Sur la Table really opened my eyes to the fact that most people can follow a recipe, but they don’t understand all the tools and tricks to cook efficiently and speedily! Cooking really shouldn’t take up all of your free time, unless you want it to!
I’ve combined my skills as a chef, recipe developer and FNTP to develop this BETA program designed to teach cooking techniques from a health perspective, while also teaching you to understand your individual body and what best nourishes you to thrive and live the lives you were meant for!
If you’re willing to learn and desire to make changes, I can teach you The Savvy Home Chef Formula to reduce your time in the kitchen and help you understand your own body and how to nourish it properly so that you can achieve your biggest goals!
Jump Right Into the Kitchen and...
COOK FOR LIFE!
An Online Culinary Academy that teaches you the Savvy Home Chef Formula!
You will learn cooking fundamentals chefs use to fast-track their preparation time, while also intertwining nutrition foundations to discover what foods best nourish your body properly!
By the end of the program you will:
- Know all the tips, tricks and techniques chefs use to minimize their preparation time
- Confidently use your knives, tools and, gadgets and appliances effectively
- Master how to properly prepare foods in order to capitalize on their nutrients
- Discover how to understand your own body so that you know what nutrients it needs to thrive
- Explore how to create recipes, meal plans and a preparation strategy that works for your lifestyle and schedule
- Spend 1 night each week cooking a mouthwatering recipe or two with me in a live video call where you can ask all the questions: Tuesday nights at 6:00pm Central
- Participate in a private Facebook group so that you can collaborate with fellow students and get private support from me
- Plus Much More!
Take a Peek Inside:
Week One: Prepare Your Kitchen! & Culinary Knife Skills
- Declutter all those unnecessary tools and gadgets
- Learn to chop and dice like a chef + a knife shopping guide
- Recipe preparation and organization
Week Two: Great Grains, Luscious Legumes, Fabulous Fruit and Verified Vegetables
- Learn to properly prepare grains and legumes to reduce long cooking times
- Understand the fundamentals to make vegetables actually taste delicious and hold onto their nutrient powers
- Discover how and when to add these foods onto your plate for snack and meal times!
Week Three: Fantastic Fats, Sumptuous Seeds and Nutritious Nuts
- Learn why fats are Actually good for you
- Storage and proper preparation for boosting their health benefits
- How to incorporate into your diet appropriately
Week Four: Powerhouse Proteins and Delectable Dairy!
- Master preparation techniques including grilling, sautéing, roasting and braising and how to determine when to incorporate those techniques
- Learn to cook with dairy as well as when and how to incorporate dairy every day especially if you’re a cheese lover!
- Prefer plant protein? Learn the ways to make sure you’re getting enough protein into your diet every day!
Week Five: Creating your own Recipes and Weekly Planning for your Success!
- Create your own recipes that you and your family will love!
- Become a meal planning and prepping Ninja!
- Shopping Guides for saving money and time in the kitchen!
Week Six: Nutrition Foundations Designed for You!
- Identify what foods work best to nourish your body!
- Understand macronutrient and calorie counting and how to apply to your everyday diet without having to regularly count and keep track!
- Guidance on how to maximize your health from stress-reduction, exercise, how to tell whether your digestive system is working optimally, sleep better and how to determine what nutrients you need to address those concerns and much much more!
This is what my clients have been saying:
“ finally I understand how to look in my fridge and put something together and quickly without feeling like I need to follow a detailed recipe that I need to go back to the grocery store for extra ingredients” – S. M.
“Allene has made this fun and easy and I look forward to cooking now!” – M.T.
“My kids Actually ate Brussels Sprouts! It’s nice to make only one dinner for the whole family instead of feeling like a short order cook” – M.L.M
How to Help Your Picky Eaters Overcome Being so Picky - Guest Expert Session.
Take a Deep Dive into finding foods that your child will ACTUALLY try and learn to love!
Applies to kids of all ages!
Singles and Couples Prepping and Cooking.
I am single and I have become the expert cooking just for myself without having tons of waste or throwing out extra food!
Which Diet Is Best for you?
Do you want to lose weight, gain muscle or have a particular health concern?
We'll discuss the various types of diets and how to determine which one may be beneficial to you and your health journey.
Disclaimer: Consult your primary health provider before proceeding with any diet!
You'll learn substitutions in your favorite sweet treats as well as why it's okay to indulge from time to time! We'll go through a recipe together and enjoy a treat you and your kids will enjoy!
You can easily watch tons of cooking videos only to still feel confused and lost in your kitchen. Or you can attend expensive cooking classes costing upwards of $200 each focusing only on one particular recipe.
You can also use those nutrition tracking apps and not fully understand what all those numbers mean or how to implement the recommendations. Or hire a dietician that is required by insurance to follow mass market strategies that don’t always work for each individual.
You can keep on getting take-out, delivery that while delicious isn’t blessing your body. Or you can keep ordering complicated and expensive meals kits only to end up back at the store when they’re delivered spoiled or rotten.
You can make the decision to change your life NOW so that you can live the life that you were meant to live! I can help you fast-track your way to understand your body, understand the fundamentals of cooking and how to apply them every day, so that ACTUALLY enjoy your food while knowing that what you’re putting into your body is nourishing. You were meant to live a life of fulfillment and that all begins with how you nourish your body!
How much time do I need to put into this each week?
Gosh that’s so much work, I am not sure I’ll have the time for this!?
Wow! That’s an expensive investment, why does this cost so much?
Is this a diet plan?
I’ve always heard that eating healthy is more expensive; what is my estimated expenses for groceries each week?
My kids hate all foods except chicken nuggets, how am I do convince them to eat what I am eating?
What if I am a Vegan?
I don’t see anything about Baking?
What if I don’t get out of this what I was looking for?
Can I get My Money Back?
I am delighted that you are interested in learning to cook more effectively and to understand how nutrition can work for you! It has been a lifelong dream of mine to teach both cooking and nutrition in order to help you feel energetic, create mental clarity and stay productive. I truly desire that every person deserves a life of fulfillment, whether you just want to be able to have the energy to play with your kids at the end of a long day at work, or get that next job promotion or even hit those goals at the gym. It all starts in the kitchen. Food brings us together! Food nourishes our souls, our relationships and it can heal our bodies so that we feel amazing each and every day! Your loved ones need you to be your BEST self and we can start by Cooking for Life!